During my graduate years and academic journey, I sought counselling approaches that were congruent with my worldview – optimistic, strength based, hope filled, and realistic. My search led me to adapt evidence-based approaches that fit this worldview.
Clients have referred to my approach in counselling as being compassionate, positive, strength based, effective, empowering, and collaborative. Some of the approaches that I use are:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotional Regulation Skills from Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Humanistic Therapy
- Mindfulness based approaches
- Multicultural Counselling
- Narrative Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Stress management approaches
I pride myself in constantly pursuing the highest standards of professional practice. Part of this commitment is seeking ongoing professional growth, consultation, and staying up to date on the latest research and evidence based approaches.